To make industrial CO2 capturing by minerals possible, the reaction speed must be increased.
The reaction speed idepends on:
- kind of mineral
- size of the grain
- exchange of ion
There are more then 300 scence publications about accelerate weathering of minerals and the CO2 capturing.
Science research has been done at::
- Nederland, Innovation Concepts BV
- Nederland, Universiteit van Utrecht
- Belgie, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven,
- Finland, universiteit van ABO
- UK, University of Nottingham
- Zwitserland, ETH Zurich
- Frankrijk, University of Toulouse
- Italie, University of Rome
- USA, Columbia University
- Australie. University of Newcastle
The most common minerals which can capture CO2 are:
A huge amount of residue can also capture CO2, like:
Oil Shale Residue
Co2 is captured and the products are stabilized and more PH neutral.
Innovation Concepts B.V. is designing a novel invention, The CO2 Energy Reactor
This is a special designed reactor, to capture CO2 by minerals.
The reaction is exothermic, so a lot of heat is generated.
The amount of heat is enough for running the process, the rest can be used for other purpose.